Three chemical substances in aquaculture feed: ethoxyquin, dibutylhydroxytoluene (BHT) and butylhydroxyanisol (BHA) are officially designated as the feed additives.
Oxygen in air accelerates oxidation, transformation and decomposition of several feed ingredients such as animal fat and oil, fishmeal and vitamin A and carotene contained in fish feed, which may cause loss of protein and energy or deterioration of fish or aquaculture feed taste and quality. In addition, a problem arises that generated lipid peroxide may poison livestock.
These problems on oxidation are accelerated at high temperature. Significant oxidation generates heat, which may cause spontaneous combustion for fish meal. A substance which prevents or reduces oxidation is called antioxidant. Three chemical substances, ethoxyquin, dibutylhydroxytoluene (BHT) and butylhydroxyanisol (BHA) are officially designated as the feed additives
60% antioxidant powder: reddish brown or brown powder with Ethoxyquin ≥60%
Key Features & Benefits
1. Effectively prevent the feed nutrients from oxidization, such as vitamins and fat, and maintain the superior quality of fish feed, free of corrosion and rotting;
2. Prolong the feed shelf life for fish feed;
3. High effect of mold inhibition, maintain the fish feed fresh
Actual dosage refers to the formula, quality and fat content in the fish feed, and also storage temperature, moisture and period; higher temperature and more fat content, needs to increase the amount.
1. Fish meal, fat, etc.: 0.05-0.1% (oil)
2. Fish feed premix, fish feed concentrated
60% antioxidant powder of the fish feed: 400-600 G/MT
60% antioxidant powder for fish feed: 25kg/bag
1. Keep fish feed antioxidant away from wet, direct sunlight, heating and not to be pressed and broken
2. Wash your hands by soap immediately after contacting with skin because of the irritating of ethoxyquin.
12 months for fish feed antioxidant under required storage conditions.Feed Antioxidant